From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]] On Behalf Of Greg Turner
Sent: Monday, August 05, 2002 10:05 AM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: Re: [JBoss-user] Anyone using JBoss 3 for Swing apps?

It makes a huge amount of sense.  I have been using a very simple swing based, jmx based app in my presentations about JBoss to illustrate the super server possibilities of JBoss.  For a demo, point your deployer at http://www.tiburon-e-systems.com/nl20020801/JBossMonitor.sar

Greg

James Higginbotham wrote:

 Hi!As I read the architecture docs for JBoss 3 some time ago, I started thinking how interesting it would be to use the core JBoss kernel to develop Swing-based applications. No, not using Swing to talk to JBoss, but rather as a platform for developing a Swing framework that was based on using MBeans to extend its functionality. Think of the next logical step in the desktop application - built-in JMX, component-based, with services often needed by desktop applications available as MBeans. No more retrofitting someone's custom framework.. Built in support for web services on the desktop by adding in a web service MBean (container). I'm sure this isn't anything new, but I haven't seen anything on the lists about any initiatives around this yet. Is someone doing this already? Does this make sense? Or, have I just had too much coffee this morning? I seem to recall someone saying something about using JXTA with JBoss, but I'm not sure which tier they were planning on using this for. Thoughts?!James

--
Greg Turner, JBoss Authorized Consultant

Tiburon Enterprise Systems
http://www.tiburon-e-systems.com
Box 1171
Tiburon, CA 94920