> If you're looking for a way to have an LDAP server federated into the
> JNDI tree, I believe the JBoss docs have that info. I'm quite sure I've
> seen it in there.

jboss-service.xml:

<!-- added by baxi: Bind a remote LDAP server -->
<mbean code="org.jboss.naming.ExternalContext"
name="DefaultDomain:service=ExternalContext,jndiName=external/ldap/nds" >
    <attribute name="JndiName">external/ldap/nds</attribute>
    <attribute name="Properties">nds.ldap</attribute>
    <attribute
name="InitialContext">javax.naming.ldap.InitialLdapContext</attribute>
    <attribute name="RemoteAccess">true</attribute>
</mbean>

nds.ldap:

java.naming.factory.initial=com.sun.jndi.ldap.LdapCtxFactory
java.naming.provider.url=ldap://SONYBERT:636/dc=bitwind,dc=de
java.naming.security.principal=cn=Holger,ou=Technology,o=bitwind,c=DE,dc=bit
wind,dc=de
java.naming.security.authentication=simple
java.naming.security.credentials=manager

it runs over a ssl connection with mutual auth too.

bax