Hi Saroj,

Thanks a million, you have set me on the right path my man.

my work includes parsing an xml file, read the settings within it, and then configure an object based on the entries in the xml file, as u may have noticed I am new to xml, but I love it and everything it represents, I just have to find a way to make it work for me, Do u have any suggestions/advice?

Once again thanks for ur help I really appreciate it.

Best Wishes

 Edward

 Saroj Kumar <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>wrote:

Hi Edward,

I am having my xml in jar and need to read this once the bean is invoked in a DOM Tree.

Code is :

     InputStream fi = this.getClass().getClassLoader().getResourceAsStream(xmlFile) ; // xmlfile is name of file

     InputStreamReader isr = new InputStreamReader(fi);

     InputSource is = new InputSource(isr);

     DOMParser parser = new DOMParser();
      //  Parse the Document
      //  and traverse the DOM