This one time, at band camp, David Jencks said:

DJ>login-conf.xml is not a deployable package.  There needs to be exactly one
DJ>of them in server/[config]/conf.

I've only got one of them lying there.

DJ>I think someone changed the incomplete deployment warnings to only occur
DJ>once, so even though the login-conf.xml is still not deployed after you
DJ>redeploy the oracle-xa-service.xml you don't get notified of the actual
DJ>state of the server.  I think your experience is a good illustration of why
DJ>always reporting ALL the deployment problems is the clearest and most
DJ>satisfactory solution.

I agree. Suppression of continually occurring errors only confuses
end users (like in my case ;-)).

DJ>INIT_WAITING_DEPLOYER means there has been an attempt to deploy the
DJ>package, but currently there are no deployers that know what to do with it.
DJ> If a deployer that recognizes that package type gets deployed, your
DJ>package will be deployed.

OK, that makes complete sense to me. Now shouldn't the jboss-xa.rar
be handling the deployment of the oracle-xa-service.xml? If so, I've
tracked the jboss-xa.rar to be sure that it deploys successfully. I've
found no errors in the startup logs.

Upon deploying the oracle-xa-service.xml, I'm seeing:

    [ServiceController] jboss.jca:service=XATxDS,name=XAOracleDS does not
    implement any Service methods

This message occurs twice, but no errors are thrown. Can you please
describe the meaning of this message?

Then I see the following message:

    [XAOracleDS] Bound connection factory for resource adapter 'Minerva JDBC
    XATransaction ResourceAdapter' to JNDI name 'java:/XAOracleDS'

This signals to me that the oracle-xa-service is being bound to the
JNDI ENC listed. But then later I receive the errors I submitted
previously. This leads me back to my original question. Shouldn't the
(already deployed) jboss-xa.rar handle this deployment?

Thanks,

Bruce