Hi everybody,

I have an application using an ear "base.ear" containing some entitites
and some sessions.
Depending on this ear there are some other ears like "dep1.ear"
containing services and
MDBs. The dependencies are defined in the deployment descriptors. Every
ear has its
own classloader-repository (ear-scope).
When a dependent ear like "dep1.ear" gets redeployed everything runs fine.

When I redeploy "base.ear" all the dependent ear are redeployed.
(as they should) All their containers are destroyed first, setting the
classloaders to null.
But when afterwards the create-method is called these classloaders are
still null and
the redeployment fails whith a NPE when the classloader is accessed.

All this happens in a quite complex application; perhaps the description
of the problem
is clear enough, so I don't have to setup a testcase for you.

Thanks,
Michael Bartmann