Now this may not be  jboss specific, but the problem arose on just this (vs
resin).

I start jboss and my app begins to deploy. It takes a while. Somewhere in
there, jetty sees my setting to map the app to root and does it.

This gets done before my app is done deploying. If I hit the website at the
right (wrong?) time, I'll get the no resource mapped message. When the app
is finally done deploying, I get no pages served.

This is intermittant, and hard to nail down because of the timing.

But the bottom line question. Should jboss (jetty?) make the mapping of the
app to a url happen last? (Is this a bug or not?)

Rick