Yes, it's serializable.

Possible bug in "org.mortbay.j2ee.session.MarshallingInterceptor"?

Mitchell Kim

-----Original Message-----
From: Greg Turner [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Thursday, September 12, 2002 11:29 AM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: Re: [JBoss-user] Http Session Clustering problem

Have you verified that your object is truely serializable.  Implementing
Serializable is not a sufficient condition !   Verify by writing a simple
program with main that instantiates your object, serializes it to a file,
and
then read back in from file.

"Kim, Yong" wrote:

> Sacha,
> I have gone through all of my ear, jar, war, and so on to see if I have
> multiple copies of the same class and they are not.  I was sure about this
> but wanted to double check.
>
> Anyway, I am still having the same problem and this is driving me crzay.
>
> Here is the most recent error messages...  They are same as before... but.
>
> Thanks, Mitchell.
>
> 10:59:08,595 ERROR [MarshallingInterceptor] could not get Attribute:
> credential
> java.io.InvalidClassException:
> com.staples.business.security.ApplicationSecurityCredential; Local class
not
> compatible: stream classdesc serialVersionUID=4701685434102361783 local
> class serialVersionU
> ID=4723640482285792951
>         at
> java.io.ObjectStreamClass.validateLocalClass(ObjectStreamClass.java:523)
>         at java.io.ObjectStreamClass.setClass(ObjectStreamClass.java:567)
>         at
> java.io.ObjectInputStream.inputClassDescriptor(ObjectInputStream.java:936)
>         at
java.io.ObjectInputStream.readObject(ObjectInputStream.java:366)
>         at
java.io.ObjectInputStream.readObject(ObjectInputStream.java:236)
>         at
> java.io.ObjectInputStream.inputObject(ObjectInputStream.java:1186)
>         at
java.io.ObjectInputStream.readObject(ObjectInputStream.java:386)
>         at
java.io.ObjectInputStream.readObject(ObjectInputStream.java:236)
>         at

org.mortbay.j2ee.session.MarshallingInterceptor.demarshal(MarshallingInterce
> ptor.java:84)
>         at

org.mortbay.j2ee.session.MarshallingInterceptor.getAttribute(MarshallingInte
> rceptor.java:93)
>         at

org.mortbay.j2ee.session.StateInterceptor.getAttribute(StateInterceptor.java
> :43)
>         at

org.mortbay.j2ee.session.StateInterceptor.getAttribute(StateInterceptor.java
> :43)
>         at

org.mortbay.j2ee.session.TypeCheckingInterceptor.getAttribute(TypeCheckingIn
> terceptor.java:90)
>         at
> org.mortbay.j2ee.session.StateAdaptor.getAttribute(StateAdaptor.java:204)
>         at

org.apache.jsp.securitychecker$jsp._jspService(securitychecker$jsp.java:447)
>         at
> org.apache.jasper.runtime.HttpJspBase.service(HttpJspBase.java:107)
>         at

org.apache.jasper.servlet.JspServlet$JspServletWrapper.service(JspServlet.ja
> va:201)
>         at
> org.apache.jasper.servlet.JspServlet.serviceJspFile(JspServlet.java:381)
>         at
org.apache.jasper.servlet.JspServlet.service(JspServlet.java:473)
>         at
> org.mortbay.jetty.servlet.ServletHolder.handle(ServletHolder.java:344)
>         at

org.mortbay.jetty.servlet.WebApplicationHandler.dispatch(WebApplicationHandl
> er.java:313)
>         at
> org.mortbay.jetty.servlet.ServletHandler.handle(ServletHandler.java:554)
>         at

org.mortbay.jetty.servlet.WebApplicationHandler.handle(WebApplicationHandler
> .java:199)
>         at org.mortbay.http.HttpContext.handle(HttpContext.java:1572)
>         at org.mortbay.http.HttpContext.handle(HttpContext.java:1522)
>         at org.mortbay.http.HttpServer.service(HttpServer.java:795)
>         at org.jboss.jetty.Jetty.service(Jetty.java:531)
>         at
org.mortbay.http.HttpConnection.service(HttpConnection.java:784)
>         at
> org.mortbay.http.HttpConnection.handleNext(HttpConnection.java:941)
>         at org.mortbay.http.HttpConnection.handle(HttpConnection.java:799)
>         at
> org.mortbay.http.SocketListener.handleConnection(SocketListener.java:186)
>         at org.mortbay.util.ThreadedServer.handle(ThreadedServer.java:322)
>         at org.mortbay.util.ThreadPool$JobRunner.run(ThreadPool.java:716)

people
> sleep and are at work sometime.
>
> Are you sure your class is not present in two differents xARs? What is
your
> packaging structure?

Greg Turner, JBoss Authorized Consultant

Tiburon Enterprise Systems
http://www.tiburon-e-systems.com
Box 1171
Tiburon, CA 94920