Ok, this is what I found out so far:

In my "root"-service I implement MBeanRegistration to obtain
the jmxserver to register further sub-services to.

This implements MBeanServer.
This is where I register my MBeans calling registerMBean(..).

But the class I queried the "org.jboss.mx.classloader" value
from was an Implementation of MBeanRegisty. If I would have
registered here, I could have used the third Map argument
to set the CLASSLOADER key to my TCL which happens to be
the ear-scoped thing.

But where the heck to I get the MBeanRegistry from. Do
I have to register there, or shouldn't this be done
when I call MBeanServer.registerMBean.

Hmmmm...

Regards,
Michael Bartmann