Thanks Alex,

That works!!!

But I still have more question for another findBy.....

17:17:02,411 WARN  [ServiceController] Problem starting service
jboss.j2ee:servi
ce=EJB,jndiName=RoleRemoteHome
org.jboss.deployment.DeploymentException: Error compiling ejbql; - nested
throwa
ble: (org.jboss.ejb.plugins.cmp.ejbql.TokenMgrError: Lexical error at line
1, co
lumn 52.  Encountered: <EOF> after : "")

Another findByDescription

            <query>
                <query-method>
                    <method-name>findByDescription</method-name>
                    <method-params>
                        <method-param>java.lang.String</method-param>
                    </method-params>
                </query-method>
                <result-type-mapping>Local</result-type-mapping>
                <ejb-ql>select object(r) from Role as r where role_desc
= ?</ejb-ql>
            </query>

What should I change?

-phu

                    Alex Loubyansky

                    <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>                  To:
"[EMAIL PROTECTED]"
                    Sent by:
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
                    [EMAIL PROTECTED]        cc:

                    eforge.net                          Subject:     Re[2]:
[JBoss-user] Error compiling ejbql
                    No Phone Info Available

                    09/18/2002 02:07 PM

                    Please respond to jboss-user

PSsc> What is r? Should I define it before using? Could you give me an
example?

r is defined in the EJB-QL statement, e.g. 'Role as r'.

alex

PSsc> -phu

PSsc>                     Dain Sundstrom
PSsc>                     <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>                To:
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
PSsc>                     Sent by:                            cc:
PSsc>                     [EMAIL PROTECTED]        Subject:
Re: [JBoss-user] Error compiling ejbql
PSsc>                     eforge.net
PSsc>                     No Phone Info Available

PSsc>                     09/18/2002 11:55 AM
PSsc>                     Please respond to jboss-user

PSsc> SELECT OBJECT(r) FROM Role as r

PSsc> The 'as' is optional

PSsc> -dain

PSsc> Dmitri Colebatch wrote:
>> I _think_ the ejbql should be something like
>>
>>     SELECT r FROM Role AS r
>>
>> hth
>> dim

PSsc>
org.jboss.ejb.plugins.cmp.jdbc.JDBCEJBQLQuery.<init>(JDBCEJBQLQuery.java:46)

>>>Definition in ejb-jar.xml
>>>
>>>        <entity>
>>>            <description>User Role Entity Bean</description>
>>>            <ejb-name>RoleEJB</ejb-name>
>>>            <home>occs.RoleRemoteHome</home>
>>>            <remote>occs.RoleRemote</remote>
>>>            <ejb-class>occs.RoleBean</ejb-class>
>>>            <persistence-type>Container</persistence-type>
>>>            <prim-key-class>java.lang.Integer</prim-key-class>
>>>            <reentrant>False</reentrant>
>>>            <cmp-version>2.x</cmp-version>
>>>            <abstract-schema-name>Role</abstract-schema-name>
>>>            <cmp-field>
>>>                <field-name>roleID</field-name>
>>>            </cmp-field>
>>>            <cmp-field>
>>>                <field-name>roleDesc</field-name>
>>>            </cmp-field>
>>>            <primkey-field>roleID</primkey-field>
>>>            <query>
>>>                <query-method>
>>>                    <method-name>findAll</method-name>
>>>                    <method-params />
>>>                </query-method>
>>>                <result-type-mapping>Local</result-type-mapping>
>>>                <ejb-ql>select * from Role</ejb-ql>
>>>            </query>
>>>        </entity>

PSsc> -------------------------------------------------------
PSsc> This SF.NET email is sponsored by: AMD - Your access to the experts
PSsc> on Hammer Technology! Open Source & Linux Developers, register now
PSsc> for the AMD Developer Symposium. Code: EX8664
PSsc> http://www.developwithamd.com/developerlab
PSsc> JBoss-user mailing list
PSsc> [EMAIL PROTECTED]
PSsc> https://lists.sourceforge.net/lists/listinfo/jboss-user