I just switched from using Tomcat to Jetty with all work (JBoss3.0.2 on w2k).

I have noticed that hot deployments no longer work of webapps!

Here's the error that I get:

HTTP ERROR: 500 jzentry == 0, jzfile = 199988168, total = 56, name = C:\Documents and Settings\<my-username>\Local Settings\Temp\Jetty__8080___<my-context>\webapp\WEB-INF\lib\<my-jar>.jar, i = 45, message = invalid LOC header (bad signature)

RequestURI=/request-authorization.jsp;jsessionid=h3pa6843hiot1

It appears that Jetty or maybe the <whatever>Deployer is reusing the same directory in the temp dir and windows is not letting it delete the file. When i first noticed this problem my temp dir had like 20,000 files in it. Thus i'd assume that Tomcat used a different directory for each deployment. This seams like a much better approach then reusing the same dir, considering the problem with windows and deleting an inuse file.

To solve this, I have tried deleting my ear instead of replacing it, but this didn't seam to help, as undeployments do not result in the temp directory getting cleaned up, or the app server releasing the lock on the file.

I'm a bit of a hyper-deployer - I used to be able to run jboss for days straight in development. In the last day i've restarted about 40-50 times...

Is this a bug that needs to be fixed? Or is there a confiruration change that I need to make? Any ideas?

thanks.
.peter

**PLEASE NOTE: EFFECTIVE SEPTEMBER 2, 2002, OUR NEW MILWAUKEE OFFICE ADDRESS IS 3600 SOUTH LAKE DRIVE, ST. FRANCIS, WI 53235 AND OUR NEW MAIN PHONE NUMBER IS 414.294.7000**

This transmission contains information solely for intended recipient and may be privileged, confidential and/or otherwise protect from disclosure. If you are not the intended recipient, please contact the sender and delete all copies of this transmission. This message and/or the materials contained herein are not an offer to sell, or a solicitation of an offer to buy, any securities or other instruments. The information has been obtained or derived from sources believed by us to be reliable, but we do not represent that it is accurate or complete. Any opinions or estimates contained in this information constitute our judgment as of this date and are subject to change without notice. Any information you share with us will be used in the operation of our business, and we do not request and do not want any material, nonpublic information. Absent an express prior written agreement, we are not agreeing to treat any information confidentially and will use any and all information and reserve the right to publish or disclose any information you share with us.