Vittorio Ballestra wrote:
> I'm experiencing memory leakings problems with jboss.3.0.2 (j2sdk1.4.0
> from sun).
> Our server works fine for serveral days but as new entities
> are created
> I see memory occupation rising until there's an OutOfMemory exception.
>
> Is this behaviour a known bug of jboss-3.0.2 ?
> In any way how can I help to give more info that can help to
> find where
> exactly is the problem , or to solve myself ?
> As this is a very subtle problem I don't know how to proceed to debug
> it.

This is most often caused when you store objects in a collection (e.g. a
HashMap) and forget to remove them.

To find the source of the problem, you can run JBoss and your
application in a profiler.  I've used Borland's OptimizeIt
(http://www.borland.com/optimizeit/) and found it to be quite helpful.

Benjamin