-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]On Behalf Of Saroj Kumar
Sent: Friday, September 20, 2002 4:35 AM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: RE: [JBoss-user] home.findByPrimaryKey
HANGS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hi Dain,

The Problem is solved. But, I am not able to pinpoint the reason.

I just made a small change in my Oracle-Service.xml
To reflect the TX Isolation Level.

<config-property name="TransactionIsolation"
type="java.lang.String">TRANSACTION_READ_COMMITTED</config-property>

I did this change because of this reason :

        StackTrace shows that
org.jboss.ejb.plugins.lock.QueuedPessimisticEJBLock class
        Is waiting for TX Lock. I checked the ORACLE 9i for any lock but
could not find
        any such lock.

                QueuedPessimisticEJBLock gave me the idea that may be
Jboss is making the
        ISOLATION LEVEL as SERIALIZABLE and thus trying to get a
EXCLUSIVE Lock whereas
        Oracle is using READ COMMITED Lock and not allowing the
container to get the
        EXCLUSIVE Lock.

This led me to add this line as per David Jencks's earlier mail( Thanks
a lot David).

Once I added this line, it worked fine.

Now comes the puzzling behaviour. I removed these lines again from
Oracle-service.xml to
Make sure that this was the cause of the problem.

But, Surprise!!! It was working fine. Still It is working fine without
this line in oracle-service.xml.

I am not able to understand this behaviour at all.

Anyway, it is working fine.

Thanks,
Saroj