java:comp/env/-- is private to each ejb and is defined
by the ejb-ref and ejb-local-ref in the bean, what you
should do instead is :

in your ejb-jar.xml for the bean that references
CompanyUser bean through java:comp/env/ejb/CompanyUser

<session>
<ejb-local-ref>
<ejb-ref-name>ejb/CompanyUser</ejb-ref-name>
plus information according to the bean :
ejb-ref-type, local-home, local
<ejb-link>CompanyUser<ejb-link>
</ejb-local-ref>
</session>

of course we assume that you two beans
are in the same jar deployement.

otherwise you don't specifu ejb-link and
use jboss.xml instead to make the link
to the bean.

 --- Derek Lin <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> a écrit : >
Rick,

> The short name will work ok.  (Because it is the
> JNDI name).  But having the short name working is
> definitely more convenient.
>
> I might have found out what the problem is.  I think
> it's my misunderstanding of ejb-ref.  I read some
> more on it.  If I am not wrong, ejb-ref is used to
> refer to OTHER ejb's.
>
> So I have it in my company bean:
>
> * @ejb:ejb-ref ejb-name="CompanyUser"
> view-type="local"
>  * @ejb:ejb-ref ejb-name="CompanyUser"
> view-type="remote"
>

> After that, this line of code works:
>
> CompanyUserLocalHome home =
> CompanyUserUtil.getLocalHome();
>
> However, I am not 100% sure when CompanyUserUtil now
> can access the long name
> (java:comp/env/ejb/CompanyUserLocal), I mean, then
> ejb-ref entry is done in my Company bean (in the
> ejb-jar.xml), not the CompanyUserUtil (there is no
> entry for CompanyUserUtil in the ejb-jar.xml).  Any
> thoughts?
>
> -- Derek

initialContext.lookup("java:comp/env/ejb/CompanyUserLocal")