Thanks James,

I think you are correct.  I can't remember everything.  I just finished putting all my ejb interfaces into a separate "interface" package and getting XDoclet to work nicely, and then turned to my MBeans, and took a quick look at manual from advanced training at layout of sar file, and thought OK - separate "interface" package works here to, makes sense, blah blah.

Oh well, perhaps this could be thought of as a flaw in JMX spec.

Greg

James Higginbotham wrote:
Hmm. True.. Here is what I was referring to:

Pg 37 from the 1.0 JMX instrumentation spec:

"The name of an MBean's Java interface is formed by adding the MBean
suffix to the
MBean's Java class name. For example, the Java class MyClass would
implement
the MyClassMBean interface. The interface of a standard MBean is
referred to as its
MBean interface."

Although not explicitly stated, I think it could be inferred, since
there is not way per the spec to identify the location of the interface
or impl from one another (via a manifest entry or something). I know
that JB and WLS both assume the same package by default. But alas, I'm
not sure if Jboss provides a means to declare this or not. Nothing
stands out in the pay-for docs to me.. AFAICT, it appears that the
code="" attribute in your -service.xml is all that is used to find the
rest of the mbean.

HTH,
James