One option is to check out the for pay software, AppSure, from JBoss partner www.alignmentsoftware.com.  I've seen a demo and its well worth consideration.

Luttrell, Peter wrote:
My sysadmin has one large grip with JBoss: There is no way to tell who is using a webapp at a particular time, which he claims is possible with Weblogic.

I'm using Jetty, if i turn on the metrics, i can ascertain how many sessions are active (not timed out). Does anyone know how i can figure out what the userPrincipal is for the httpsessions?

Or does anyone have any other ideas on how to monitor Who is using Jboss? Other then the obvious one, which is write a bunch of custom code that updates some custom monitor through filters or interceptors or manually?

thanks.
.peter

<as always ignore my firms silly warning below>

This transmission contains information solely for intended recipient and may be privileged, confidential and/or otherwise protect from disclosure. If you are not the intended recipient, please contact the sender and delete all copies of this transmission. This message and/or the materials contained herein are not an offer to sell, or a solicitation of an offer to buy, any securities or other instruments. The information has been obtained or derived from sources believed by us to be reliable, but we do not represent that it is accurate or complete. Any opinions or estimates contained in this information constitute our judgment as of this date and are subject to change without notice. Any information you share with us will be used in the operation of our business, and we do not request and do not want any material, nonpublic information. Absent an express prior written agreement, we are not agreeing to treat any information confidentially and will use any and all information and reserve the right to publish or disclose any information you share with us.

--
Greg Turner, JBoss Authorized Consultant

Tiburon Enterprise Systems
http://www.tiburon-e-systems.com
Box 1171
Tiburon, CA 94920