Thanks James, I tried your recipe but no progress. I've put the war inside
an ear with no luck.

I'm using Tapestry (web-framework), and it cannot locate the application
specification in web-inf/classes. I'm trying to look it up manually
(rationale - strange bug in tapestry?), but still the same.

        ClassLoader cl = Thread.currentThread().getContextClassLoader();
        java.net.URL resource =
cl.getResource("/intraweb/Intraweb.application");
        System.out.println("resource = " + resource);

=> the resource is 'null', even though
web-inf/classes/intraweb/Intraweb.application is in the war.

I've even tried reinstalling jboss with no result. Do I have to clean the
win2k-user-temp-directory?. Suggestions welcome! I'm lost...

- Henning