It was once, but in and effort to be more spec compliant now only things
mentioned in application.xml or jboss-app.xml are completely deployed.
(class-path manifest entries are supposed to result in the mentioned
classes getting deployed, but I've seen complaints about this not working
always.  I don't know the current state)

Mention the .sar in jboss-app.xml  I think the syntax is
<module>
  <service>mysar.sar</service>
</module>

but I could be remembering wrongly.