Are you sure provider url is correct?

Jboss is trying to MCast to find JNDI by the looks of this stack trace. JBoss does this when it does not know (and I guess) can not find JNDI.

Bill
-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]On Behalf Of Gary Grobe
Sent: Friday, November 22, 2002 3:25 PM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: [JBoss-user] CommunicationException: Peek timed out

Any ideas why I'd be getting the following errors from my remote client?

--- my log files
[ERROR]: Could not get JNDI context
[ERROR]: Could not get JNDI context
[ERROR]: NamingException javax.naming.CommunicationException: Peek timed out [Root exception is java.io.InterruptedIOException: Peek timed out]

--- console output
javax.naming.CommunicationException: Peek timed out. Root exception is java.io.InterruptedIOException: Peek timed out
at java.net.PlainDatagramSocketImpl.peek(Native Method)
at java.net.DatagramSocket.receive(DatagramSocket.java:349)
at org.jnp.interfaces.NamingContext.discoverServer(NamingContext.java:930)
at org.jnp.interfaces.NamingContext.checkRef(NamingContext.java:1017)
at org.jnp.interfaces.NamingContext.lookup(NamingContext.java:447)
at org.jnp.interfaces.NamingContext.lookup(NamingContext.java:440)
at javax.naming.InitialContext.lookup(InitialContext.java:345)
at com.neuroquest.cais.clients.fielder.Fielder.createPTP(Unknown Source)
at com.neuroquest.cais.clients.Fielder.Fielder.main(Unknown Source)

--- my ~/conf/jndi.properties which is in the classpath

java.naming.factory.initial=org.jnp.interfaces.NamingContextFactory
java.naming.provider.url="">java.naming.factory.url.pkgs=org.jboss.naming:org.jnp.interfaces
#jnp.socketFactory=org.jnp.interfaces.TimedSocketFactory
#jnp.timeout=0
#jnp.sotimeout=0

---

And here's the code that I'm trying to connect to the server with (which destroys a queue if already registered, and then recreates it, for those cases where the client may go down) ...

// this is the jboss server I'm connecting to remotly
String adaptorName = "jmx:" + props.getProperty("fielder.manager") + ":rmi";

try {
RMIAdaptor adaptor = (RMIAdaptor) ctx.lookup(adaptorName);
ObjectName name = new ObjectName("jboss.mq:service=DestinationManager");
RemoteMBeanServer server = new RMIConnectorImpl(adaptor);
ObjectName queName = new ObjectName("queue/myQueue");

boolean registered = server.isRegistered(queName);

String[] sig = {"java.lang.String"};
Object[] arg = {props.getProperty("myQueue")};

if (registered) {
log.info(Fielder.class, "already registered, destroying queue");
server.invoke(name, "destroyQueue", arg, sig);
}

log.info(Fielder.class, "creating queue");
server.invoke(name, "createQueue", arg, sig);

---

It was suggested that I do the telnet command below to make sure the naming server is there, and it is.

$ telnet 192.168.0.10 1099
Trying 192.168.0.10...
Connected to 192.168.0.10.
Escape character is '^]'.
¬í ?sr ?java.rmi.MarshalledObject|½?-ícü>? ?I ?hash[locBytest ?[B[objBytesq ~ ?x
p§4Y?ur ?[B¬ó?oTà? xp %¬í ?t ¶http://banshee:8083/q ~ q ~ uq ~ ? A¬í ?sr
org.jnp.server.NamingServer_Stub ?? xr ?java.rmi.server.RemoteStubé_ÜÉ<áe
?? xr ?java.rmi.server.RemoteObjectOa'`?a3?? xpw7 ?UnicastRef2 ?172.17.66.55U

Any help/advice/ideas much appreciated.