Folks,

We are officially launching the compensation as a way to say "thanks" to
all those that make JBoss what it is.  The thanksgiving plan is here to
reward developers and consultants.

Really the program is just a natural extension of the redpill vision
that has been driving the 'recruitement'.  We want the true contributors
to JBoss success to make a living out of it.  It is about living the
life you want to live.

The compensation is in two forms: a share of the yearly profits of JBG
and a number of JBoss Group options allowing participants, upon exercise
of their options to own part of the company.  This way in case of a sale
of JBG we reward people who were instrumental to its success.

The decisions as to who gets the rewards in the plan will be taken by a
committee representing the four groups of recipients: the owners, the
employees, the developers and the business contributors.

We trust that putting money in the mix won't destabilize the equilibrium
of the Open Source group and in fact we think it is an important new
component of the equilibrium.  We are ready to take the risk and
innovate down that road.  This is part of a broader philosophy, by which
we prefer to reward intellectual capital (knowledge) rather than
capital. We prefer to do that than give ownership of our company to a VC
for empty money.

This plan is also a new chapter in our innovating streak.  We are
pionners in the technology, the rewarding of developers, the business
plan behind Free Software.  We are proud of it.

Oh, and remember, I love you.

marcf

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Marc Fleury, Ph.D.