I am using JBoss 3.0.4, Postgres 7.2.2 and the JDK 1.3 on OS X, as well as the release candidate of hibernate 1.2 (hibernate 1.2 beta 4), and I am having difficulty committing any changes that I make because I get a message saying that I "cannot commit with autocommit set!" The same problem occurs on Linux using the JDK 1.4.

In a bid to get things working, I decided to use the Transaction API offered by Hibernate. This required the following lines in my hibernate.properties:

hibernate.transaction.factory_class=cirrus.hibernate.transaction.JTATran sactionFactory
hibernate.transaction.manager_lookup_class=cirrus.hibernate.transaction. JBossTransactionManagerLookup

Hibernate can now obtain a Transaction without error, but a new problem arises. When it goes to look for a UserTransaction it can't find one: "Could not find UserTransaction in JNDI" This is with the hibernate default User Transaction JNDI name.

Has anyone managed to get Hibernate working with JBoss and Postgres? Or even just JBoss? A few hints would be hugely appreciated....

Regards,

Simon