On Friday, Nov 29, 2002, at 17:09 Europe/London, David Jencks wrote:

Autocommit on is required by the jca spec, and should have been the case
for 3.0 versions as well. You should endevour to make the transactions be
controlled by the jboss tm/jta/cmt etc. For a somwhat similar example of
how this can be accomplished look at tjdo with the jca support patch I
submitted. (this may be difficult to apply since I haven't updated the
patch to remove the parts covered by a previous patch which has mostly been
applied)
Thanks for the reply! I am attempting to get JBoss handle the transaction by JTA in Hibernate. This is done by passing in the following two parameters:

hibernate.transaction.factory_class=cirrus.hibernate.transaction.JTATran sactionFactory
jta.UserTransaction=Transaction

I believe that the transaction _should_ be fine. The problem is that Hibernate has features to automatically generate IDs. The one that I am using (HiLoGenerator) does a commit on a Connection that it has established so that the IDs are unique. This is the root cause of my trouble. I shall post to the Hibernate dev list and see whether they have any ideas.

Regards,

Simon