findByPrimaryKey is the one finder that can be handled directly by the cached, all other finders has to go to database to get a list of pks.
/L

onsdagen den 11 december 2002 kl 11.52 skrev Stephen Coy:

On Wednesday, December 11, 2002, at 08:30  PM, Sacha Labourey wrote:

I think it's normal for JBoss to continue to issue queries for the pks,
after which it uses the associated cache data.
Why do you think that? The commit option A says that the cache is always in
synch with the DB. Consequently, it should first try to find the entity in
cache. If it is in cache, there is no need to issue a db query. If it is not
in cache, then a query is necessary.

Because as Dain already stated, "JBoss does not have an in memory query engine" (actually, I think he said it when the same question was asked in the Persistence & CMP forum). It uses the database to work out what entities to return in a finder (by returning just the pks), and then uses the cache to populate the beans when available/needed.

Steve Coy