On 2002.12.17 13:32:14 -0500 Eric Kaplan wrote:
> Hi
>
> I attempted to deploy an mbean under jboss3.0.0 as follows:
>
> Packaged all related classes along with a META-INF/jboss-service.xml into
> .sar file.  Dropped this into the deploy directory.  The deployer picks
> it
> up and it looks ok, but when I attempt to run a particular method, I am
> getting java.lang.IllegalAccessError when one class attempts to call a
> package protected method on another class in the same package.  Both
> classes
> are packaged in the same sar.  I'm wondering if there is a problem
> because
> the same class exists in a .ear file deployed to the same server.  Any
> ideas?

Yes.  Up until possibly very recent cvs versions of jboss, having a class
deployed in 2 packages is very likely to give you exactly these
IllegalAccessErrors.  Scott has done a lot of work on these problems, but I
don't know if they are completely fixed.  If not...  the simplest solution
is to only deploy each class once.  otherwise you may need to use
ear-scoped classloaders to separate them.

david jencks