Joe,

As others on this list have mentioned, both custom serializers as well as
the bean serializers work very well in the
Axis architecture (where each serializer is responsible to contribute the
correct schema description for its associated type to the overall WSDL).

I have noticed a few minor issues with respect to .Net/Axis interoperability
(.Net understands xsi:null, but does not send it everywhere, Axis can be
lost without xsi:type annotations although that information could be
inferred from bean reflection and the serializer registry, collections
serialization needs some special care, some BeanSerializer generated
wrong-cased element definitions, ...),

but these were mainly in the context of writing dedicated
EntityBean<->ADO.Net serializers for a new kind of Web-Service/EJB
architecture. ADO.NET and MS-Web Services Toolkit were obviously developed
from different groups with different philosophies and have been, it seems,
forced to integrate in .NET, so my prototype still does not fully work, must
hack around a lot of unintuitive subtleties not specified anywhere and it
will take until next year to finish this work.

Please look at the soapbuilders interoperability initiative for more detail
results on this http://www.whitemesa.com/interop.htm I havn´t
installed/tested Altoweb (http://www.altoweb.com), so didn´t I use CapeClear
(http://capeclear.com) yet. They claim to be JBoss-compatible  and I´m quite
sure that they have some similar examples.

CGJ