Hello!

I was wondering if someone can provide an insight into
what is the best way of auditing oracle (8i/9i)
database updates/inserts from within jboss when using
CMP beans and conteiner managed transactions.

Please follow this scenario:

- one jboss transaction updates 3 entity beans

- each of the 3 entity beans has a small auditing
table associated with it where I want to store the
values prior to the update

- there is also a master auditing table where I want
to record id of the user who did it, location, reason
for updating etc.

- the small audting tables have a foreign key link to
the master auditing table

What is the best way to arrange this in jboss?

I think I somehow need to find out when a new
transaction is started so I can run an insert into the
master table. Then I need to make the transaction id
available for the updates, so they can create the
entries in the small audit tables.

I am quite happy to use oracle triggers and oracle
variables in global packages etc. The tricky bit is
how to pass the extra information that I need in the
master audit table and how to link the small audit
tables with the foreign key to the master one.

I have read here people tried to inherit some jboss
interceptors to achieve this. Can anyone share a
sample code? Are there any other or better ways? I
believe so many people must have solved a similiar
people. What did you do?

Any replies would be appreciated.

thanks!

Miso