I am currently working on jboss forum application and we
try to get rid of value object by using local directly
in web layer.

On that purpose we have two interceptors that allow
bulk retrieval of value of a cmp bean though it local interface.

For instance with a local :

local l = some_way_to_have_a_local();
// will retrieve all values of bean
// and store them in a cache at the beginning
// of invocation stack
System.out.println(l.getValue1());
// will hit the cache
System.out.println(l.getValue2());

and you have the same behaviour than value objects.

if you want to see it, it's in applications module, org/jboss/forums/cache

the interest is to avoid duplicate code with silly value-objects
and their creation in session facades.

julien

N> I am using JBoss 3.0.4 and developing a large number
N> of CMP 2 beans in a preliminary proof of concept.

N> Based on the new Local interfaces in EJB 2, can anyone
N> recommend a source for an updated pattern
N> implementation for Session Facades ? It seems like I
N> simply need to generate value objects to return to the
N> clients (in this case some clients will be servlets,
N> others will be rich clients) and I was hoping I could
N> save some coding time.......

N> The second question is, what do I need to do to make
N> JBoss log the SQL is issuing agains the database from
N> the CMP 2 engine to the consle or a file ?

N> Thanks !

N> //Nicholas

N> =====
N> Nicholas Whitehead
N> Home: (973) 377 9335
N> Cell: (201) 615 2716
N> Work: (212) 622 5639
N> [EMAIL PROTECTED]

Best regards,
 julien                            mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]