From: Meyer-Willner, Bernhard [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Thursday, January 09, 2003 7:14 PM
To: JBoss-User (E-Mail)
Subject: [JBoss-user] List of active users logged in thru JAAS

Hi,

I'm using JAAS to authenticate users logging in against a database. I was
wondering if there is any way to find out if a user's LoginContext has timed
out (is active respectively). Thing is, for business logic reasons, we also
have to keep information about all logged in users in a database table. If
for some reason the client app hangs or the user doesn't log out properly
these user record sets remain in the database. We're planning on running a
scheduler MBean service that removes recordsets above a certain age from
time to time. However, to be sure that the user isn't actively using our
app/system any more we would like to check, if he's still authenticated in
JBoss. Is there any way to find this out and get a list of active/logged on
users, authenticated thru JAAS?

Thanks for any ideas.

Bernie

recipient(s) only.  It may contain proprietary material, confidential
information and/or be subject to legal privilege.  It should not be copied,
disclosed to, retained or used by, any other party.  If you are not an
attachment and all copies and inform the sender.  Thank you.