From: Stephen Coy [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: 10. januar 2003
12:44
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: Re: [JBoss-user] CMP on 3.0.4 with BLOB fields - has anyone seen it working?

Randahl,

I guess I'm the "blob" guy at the moment.

I went back and looked at your earlier emails.

The problem is that you are using a jdbc-type of JAVA_OBJECT.

This is an incorrect use of JAVA_OBJECT. Change it to LONGVARBINARY and it should work fine.

We really need to go through the current standardjbosscmp-jdbc.xml and get rid of all the uses of JAVA_OBJECT.
Prior to 3.0.4, JBoss would explicitly check for JAVA_OBJECT and serialise it, when it is supposed to be the JDBC driver's responsibility.

Steve Coy

On