Hi,

I created a custom implementation of the Schedulable interface.

I tried deploying it as a SAR with the Schedulable implementation included
or a scheduler-service.xml with the implemention in the JBoss lib directory.
scheduler-plugin.jar is in lib, too. Either way I'm getting the stacktrace
below.

Since I closely followed the instructions in the JBoss 3.0.4. paid-docs PDF
book I can't imagine what I'm doing wrong.

This is my scheduler-service.xml:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<!DOCTYPE server>
<server>

  <classpath codebase="lib" archives="scheduler-plugin.jar"/>

  <!-- ====================================================================
-->
  <!-- Scheduler Service
-->
  <!-- ====================================================================
-->

  <mbean code="org.jboss.varia.scheduler.Scheduler"
         name=":service=Scheduler">
    <attribute name="StartAtStartup">true</attribute>
    <attribute
name="SchedulableClass">com.logica.isis.server.common.util.UserSessionRemova
lService</attribute>
    <attribute name="SchedulableArguments">Phoenix,120000</attribute>
    <attribute
name="SchedulableArgumentTypes">java.lang.String,long</attribute>
    <attribute name="InitialStartDate">NOW</attribute>
    <attribute name="SchedulePeriod">300000</attribute>
    <attribute name="InitialRepetitions">-1</attribute>
  </mbean>

</server>

I'm especially surprised about the error message "19:04:51,248 ERROR
[Scheduler] Could not find the constructor or create Schedulable instance"
since my SchedulableClass contains the required constructor with the String
and long arguments.

Also surprised about the OutOfMemoryError since that has never happened
before during deployment. If anybody can shed some light on this, I'd be
more than happy :) !

Thanks,
Bernhard

See this
Stacktrace
----------

19:04:49,435 INFO  [MainDeployer] Starting deployment of package:
file:/C:/gb05-
projekte/dbv-winterthur/Tools/lib/jboss/server/default/deploy/scheduler-serv
ice.
xml
19:04:49,505 INFO  [Scheduler] Creating
19:04:49,505 INFO  [Scheduler] Created
19:04:49,515 INFO  [Scheduler] Starting
19:04:51,248 ERROR [Scheduler] Could not find the constructor or create
Schedula
ble instance
19:05:11,407 ERROR [URLDeploymentScanner] Failed to deploy:
org.jboss.deployment
.scanner.URLDeploymentScanner$DeployedURL@c12cc056{
url=file:/C:/gb05-projekte/d
bv-winterthur/Tools/lib/jboss/server/default/deploy/scheduler-service.xml,
deplo
yedLastModified=0 }
org.jboss.deployment.DeploymentException: Could not create deployment:
file:/C:/
gb05-projekte/dbv-winterthur/Tools/lib/jboss/server/default/deploy/scheduler
-ser
vice.xml; - nested throwable: (java.lang.OutOfMemoryError)
        at org.jboss.deployment.MainDeployer.start(MainDeployer.java:827)
        at org.jboss.deployment.MainDeployer.deploy(MainDeployer.java:621)
        at org.jboss.deployment.MainDeployer.deploy(MainDeployer.java:585)
        at sun.reflect.GeneratedMethodAccessor10.invoke(Unknown Source)
        at
sorImpl.java:25)
        at
org.jboss.mx.capability.ReflectedMBeanDispatcher.invoke(ReflectedMBea
nDispatcher.java:284)
        at
org.jboss.mx.server.MBeanServerImpl.invoke(MBeanServerImpl.java:517)
        at org.jboss.util.jmx.MBeanProxy.invoke(MBeanProxy.java:174)
        at $Proxy4.deploy(Unknown Source)
        at
org.jboss.deployment.scanner.URLDeploymentScanner.deploy(URLDeploymen
tScanner.java:435)
        at
org.jboss.deployment.scanner.URLDeploymentScanner.scanDirectory(URLDe
ploymentScanner.java:656)
        at
org.jboss.deployment.scanner.URLDeploymentScanner.scan(URLDeploymentS
canner.java:507)
        at
org.jboss.deployment.scanner.AbstractDeploymentScanner.startService(A
bstractDeploymentScanner.java:261)
        at
org.jboss.system.ServiceMBeanSupport.start(ServiceMBeanSupport.java:1
65)
        at sun.reflect.GeneratedMethodAccessor7.invoke(Unknown Source)
        at
sorImpl.java:25)
        at
org.jboss.mx.capability.ReflectedMBeanDispatcher.invoke(ReflectedMBea
nDispatcher.java:284)
        at
org.jboss.mx.server.MBeanServerImpl.invoke(MBeanServerImpl.java:517)
        at
org.jboss.system.ServiceController$ServiceProxy.invoke(ServiceControl
ler.java:978)
        at $Proxy0.start(Unknown Source)
        at
org.jboss.system.ServiceController.start(ServiceController.java:398)
        at sun.reflect.GeneratedMethodAccessor6.invoke(Unknown Source)
        at
sorImpl.java:25)
        at
org.jboss.mx.capability.ReflectedMBeanDispatcher.invoke(ReflectedMBea
nDispatcher.java:284)
        at
org.jboss.mx.server.MBeanServerImpl.invoke(MBeanServerImpl.java:517)
        at org.jboss.util.jmx.MBeanProxy.invoke(MBeanProxy.java:174)
        at $Proxy3.start(Unknown Source)
        at org.jboss.deployment.SARDeployer.start(SARDeployer.java:249)
        at org.jboss.deployment.MainDeployer.start(MainDeployer.java:807)
        at org.jboss.deployment.MainDeployer.deploy(MainDeployer.java:621)
        at org.jboss.deployment.MainDeployer.deploy(MainDeployer.java:585)
        at org.jboss.deployment.MainDeployer.deploy(MainDeployer.java:569)
        at
java:39)
        at
sorImpl.java:25)
        at
org.jboss.mx.capability.ReflectedMBeanDispatcher.invoke(ReflectedMBea
nDispatcher.java:284)
        at
org.jboss.mx.server.MBeanServerImpl.invoke(MBeanServerImpl.java:517)
        at org.jboss.system.server.ServerImpl.doStart(ServerImpl.java:324)
        at org.jboss.system.server.ServerImpl.start(ServerImpl.java:221)
        at org.jboss.Main.boot(Main.java:148)
        at org.jboss.Main$1.run(Main.java:381)
        at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:536)
Caused by: java.lang.OutOfMemoryError

Cheers,
Bernhard

This e-mail and any attachment is for authorised use by the intended recipient(s)
only.  It may contain proprietary material, confidential information and/or be subject
to legal privilege.  It should not be copied, disclosed to, retained or used by, any
other party.  If you are not an intended recipient then please promptly delete this
e-mail and any attachment and all copies and inform the sender.  Thank you.