-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]On Behalf Of Pete Beck
Sent: Monday, January 13, 2003 5:53 PM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: Re: [JBoss-user] Character encoding questions

On Mon, 2003-01-13 at 08:41, Camus Chan wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I am using JBoss3.0.3 + Tomcat 4.1.12 + Apache 2.0.43, with oracle8i and nls_lang
>set to ZHT16BIG5. I face the character encoding problem and please help:

There are several things to check:

1) The character set your Oracle database is built in
2) The character set your driver is set to (with NLS_LANG I believe)
3) The content-encoding header of your web page.

Also keep in mind that Java works in unicode.

Cheers,
Pete
--
Peter Beck BEng (hons)  - Managing Director, Electrostrata Ltd.
http://www.electrostrata.com  --+-+--  Experts in e-business and e-commerce