To: jboss
Sent: Thursday, January 23, 2003 6:05 AM
Subject: [JBoss-user] javax.ejb.TimerService and J2EE 1.4 spec compliance

Hi everyone,
I'm new to this list, but I've tried to find information about JBoss support for the new
javax.ejb.TimerService and general information on j2ee 1.4 spec compliance.
I've read a similar request for information about this in the following
discussion:

However the resulting discussion left me feeling that either information on this subject
wasn't well known, or worse - it didn't seem that important!

I want to be able to write my applications and have the basic functionality and services to
work across all ejb servers. The xpetstore is an example of an implementation of this. I
want to be able to do this for the javax.ejb.TimerService and furthermore, for web services
too.

Can anyone tell me when/if this is going to be possible with JBoss? I know that someone at
some stage was working on it, but is it available... can anyone shed some light?
thanks very much,
Brian

For information on the javax.ejb.TimerService in j2ee 1.4 spec see the two following links: