Here is an example that gets a URL to the file
"myxmlfile.xml" that is contained in the war's
WEB-INF/xml directory:

String xmlFile =
getServletContext().getResource("/WEB-INF/xml/myxmlfile.xml").toString();

Depending on your XML library you might be able to
open it directly passing this URL (JDOM has that
capability) otherwise you can get the URL and do a
little manipulation to get the absolute filename on
your system.. This strategy works on every app server
I have tested it on: JBoss, WebLogic, OAS, and
WebSphere..

--- Stephen Ting <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> Can anyone show me how access a xml file in .war
> archive through a
> relative path?
>
> I try using the following codes but in vain.
> servlet.getServletContext().getRealPath(pathname)
> which return null;

servlet.getServletContext().getResourceAsStream(pathname)