At 10:12 23/01/2003 -0600, you wrote:
i've had the exact same error and it took me forever to figure out.  for
some reason when cactus runs, you NEED a port number for it to work
correctly.  setup your cactus.properties file to use a port number and
you'll be fine.  if you're running off the default web server port, use port
80.

instead of:
cactus.contextURL=http://localhost/myApp

use:
cactus.contextURL=http://localhost:80/myApp

Ryan,

indeed. This turned out to be the problem. I hadn't realised that my cactus.properties file was being read. I downloaded the latest nightly build of cactus and that gave me a clearer error, and fixed the port number and voila it worked! Very cool. Now I only need to sort out an expanded example and the classes can go ahead.

Thanks!

cheers,

Bruce

Dr. Bruce Scharlau