From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]On Behalf Of Brian McSweeney
Sent: Friday, January 24, 2003 11:13 AM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: [JBoss-user] Application Deadlock Exception - only happens on JBoss

Hi guys,
This is an error that I've seen before myself with apps deployed on JBoss
in work. When trying to run the xpetstore application I found that
this exception occurs again. Asking the moderator of the xpetstore list
he informed me that this exception only occurs with JBoss and he never
gets it with weblogic. The doesn't always occur. I can post the source to
of the exception if needed.  Any help is greatly appreciated. Cheers, Brian.

My system is JBoss 3.04_tomcat4.1.12 .

The following is the output of the exception when junitee test is run and
a failure occurs:

testMyOrders(xpetstore.services.petstore.PetstoreTest)
0.734 sec

List of errors and failures

testMyOrders(xpetstore.services.petstore.PetstoreTest)
Error=javax.ejb.TransactionRolledbackLocalException: Application deadlock
detected: Two or more transactions contention.; CausedByException is:
Application deadlock detected: Two or more transactions contention.;
CausedByException is:
Application deadlock detected: Two or more transactions contention.;
CausedByException is:
Application deadlock detected: Two or more transactions contention.

junit.framework.AssertionFailedError:
Error=javax.ejb.TransactionRolledbackLocalException: Application deadlock
detected: Two or more transactions contention.; CausedByException is:
Application deadlock detected: Two or more transactions contention.;
CausedByException is:
Application deadlock detected: Two or more transactions contention.;
CausedByException is:
Application deadlock detected: Two or more transactions contention.
at xpetstore.services.petstore.PetstoreTest.testMyOrders(Unknown Source)
at
)
at
.java:25)