I'm using JBoss 3.2beta1/JBoss.net and I'm trying to throw an AxisFault
from a SessionBean but the exception seems somehow be wrapped inside a
javax.ejb.EJBException.

I'm throwing the fault using

throw new AxisFault("a fault has occurred");

but the faultString that appears on the client-side is
"javax.ejb.EJBException: null; CausedByException is: a fault has
occurred".

A closer look at the <detail>-body using TCPMon shows that the it
contains the full stacktrace followed by the original faultString but
it's all wrapped inside the <detail>-tag.

The same thing goes for the original faultCode, faultActor and
faultDetail.

Is it somehow possible to throw an AxisFault that doesn't get wrapped
inside a SOAPFault that contains the javax.ejb.EJBException?

Without the ability to throw a user-defined AxisFault I don't see how a
fault should be reported to the client-side.

Thanks
Jonas