I am trying to use the Jasper that comes with JBoss-3.0.4 Jetty to compile JSP pages from command line. I ran into serveral issues. So here are the question.

1. What version of Jetty is used by JBoss-3.0.4? By looking at the Mainifest.mf in org.mortbay.jetty.jar, it says 4.1.3. So I assume it is Jetty 4.1.3. However, the contents in org.apache.jasper.jar in JBoss/Jetty is drastically different from the contents of the same jar packaged in the standard alone Jetty 4.1.3. Can someone comment on the difference?

2. How to compile JSP pages from the command-line using JBoss/Jetty 's Jasper. I am able to define the following ant task:
<taskdef classname="org.apache.jasper.JspC" name="jasper2" classpathref = "classpath.jasper" />
if the classpath.jasper points to the Jetty standalone Jasper library or Tomcat jasper library. However when I point the classpath.jasper to the Jboos/Jetty's Jasper library, I got the error: "No public no-arg constructor in class org.apache.jasper.JspC"
. It is caused by JspC class doesn't have a no arg constructor, which is different from other version of Jasper library.

I also tried to run the following command line:
java org.apache.jasper.JspC -d . -p foo.bar -uriroot jsp
again it runs OK against the standalone the Japser library in the standalone Jetty and Tomcat. But get the following error when running againts the Jasper library that comes with JBoss/Jetty.
[java] java.lang.ArrayIndexOutOfBoundsException
[java] at org.apache.jasper.JspC.parseFiles(JspC.java:470)
[java] at org.apache.jasper.JspC.main(JspC.java:742)
[java] Exception in thread "main"
[java] Java Result: 1

Is there a different syntax that I need to use in order to compile JSP from command-line using JBoss/Jetty.

--
Kelly Chen Tumbleweed Communication Corp.
T:650-216-2043 700 Saginaw Drive