my bad - i believe i was wrong with the db server...  connection was refused
in jboss when i killer the hsqldb server...  now i just need to figure out
why my schema is not bound anywhere...  thanks, and sorry!  matt hanson

-----Original Message-----
From: Hanson, Matthew [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Friday, January 31, 2003 8:17 AM
To: '[EMAIL PROTECTED]'
Subject: [JBoss-user] How to separate jboss and hypersonic db???

Hi--

Running jboss-3.0.4_tomcat-4.1.12 and HSQLDB 1.7.1.b (i.e., not the
jboss-supplied ver) on Win NT4.0.

I saw a pointer in the forums regarding configuring a new version of
hypersonic.  The hint said that changing the port in DefaultDS datasource
(hsqldb-services.xml) to the port where the hypersonic db server is running
would be an easy workaround.  I have hypersonic running on its default 9001
port on localhost, and it is awaiting connections.

So, I tried changing the port in
%JBOSS_HOME%\server\default\deploy\hsqldb-service.xml to the 9001, but jboss
hangs while deploying/starting the beans associated with my hypersonic db
instance.  I can kill the db server, and jboss finishes deploying the beans.
I had assumed that I should have the db server running before starting up
jboss, as we did when we were using our oracle server.  I am assuming that
jboss is trying to startup up the hypersonic db server, but I was hoping I
could get around this.  I already have the data configured in my hypersonic
server, and I would prefer to keep it where it is.  I believe that jboss
wants the data in %JBOSS_HOME%\server\default\db\hypersonic, right?

Anyway, if someone has a recommendation on a clean way to separate jboss and
hypersonic, I would be very appreciative.

Thanks!
Matt Hanson!