From: "Panagiotis Korros" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Sent: Wednesday, January 29, 2003 8:08 AM
Subject: [JBoss-user] unathenticatedIdentity and JBoss 3.0.4-tomcat 4.x

I have a web application with a restricted area and an unrestricted
area.

The structure is the following:

/secure (webapp)
/secure/admin/ (secure area accesible only by the admin role)
/secure/admin/page1.jsp
/secure/page2.jsp (accesible by everyone)

page1.jsp and page2.jsp call the same ejb (marked us unchecked).
when i call page1.jsp the system authenticates me and then everything
works ok.

when i call page2.jsp directly without being authenticated first I get
the following error:

java.lang.RuntimeException: checkSecurityAssociation; CausedByException
is:
        Authentication exception, principal=null

I used the unauthenticatedIdentity property but nothing changed.

Any ideas or solutions about the problem would be very helpful!

Korros Panagiotis.

my login-config.xml contains:

 <application-policy name="secure">
  <authentication>
   <login-module
code="org.jboss.security.auth.spi.UsersRolesLoginModule"
flag="required">
    <module-option name="unauthenticatedIdentity">nobody</module-option>
   </login-module>
  </authentication>
 </application-policy>