From: JD Brennan
Sent: Tuesday, February 04, 2003 6:15 PM
Subject: RE: [JBoss-user] Sending and receiving Emails

On Linux, you can have a program run when mail is
received by putting

getaccount: "|/path/to/app"

in the /etc/aliases file.

app could be a script that runs a Java client that
talks to your J2EE app server.

It might be a little less work since you don't
have to deal with the java mail API (although
that's probably only 10 or 20 lines of code).

The biggest advantage is that it responds right
away - no polling.

JD