Von: Demyanovich, Craig - Apogent [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Gesendet: Donnerstag, 6. Februar 2003 19:22
An: '[EMAIL PROTECTED]'
Betreff: [JBoss-user] Advice: how to periodically scan a database table

Greetings,

We're using JBoss 2.4.10.  One of my colleagues has implemented an MBean
that spawns a thread to periodically poll a database table for new rows
based on criteria that we control.  I see two disadvantages:  one, when we
hot redeploy our EAR, the MBean can no longer communicate with components in
it; two, we can't deploy the MBean with our EAR, i.e., we don't have a
single distributable package.  I would appreciate any advice for solving our
problem such that we could have a single distributable package that we can
hot deploy as many times as we like.  If such a solution is possible only on
JBoss 3.x, that's fine, as I've been investigating our migration path to
3.x.

Thanks for your time,
Craig

This e-mail and any attachment is for authorised use by the intended recipient(s)
only.  It may contain proprietary material, confidential information and/or be subject
to legal privilege.  It should not be copied, disclosed to, retained or used by, any
other party.  If you are not an intended recipient then please promptly delete this
e-mail and any attachment and all copies and inform the sender.  Thank you.