From: Guy Rouillier [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Tuesday, February 18, 2003 11:27 AM
To: JBoss User
Subject: [JBoss-user] Is 4.0 new or evolution of 3.2?

I skipped over a recent email proclaiming 4.0 to be a ground-up
rearchitecture for the 21st century (or some such fluff.)  I just deleted it
at the time, but last night it got me to thinking.  I'm the lead architect
at our small telecom startup, and I introduced JBoss there.  We are still on
2.4.3 because, well, it has done what we need. But I've been looking at an
upgrade to 3.2 to meet some new requirements.  Not trying to be provocative,
but 3.0 was a complete rearchitecture that was supposed to position the code
base for future needs.  So finally my question.  Is 4.0 really another
complete rearchitecture, or is it an evolution of 3.2?  If it is completely
new, why?  Were there things not foreseen in the 3.0 redesign?  I'm just
wondering when and where I should plan an upgrade of our infrastructure.
Thanks.