I, too, was getting this error after following the advice in a previous posting regarding the TransactionManager attribute of the datasources' service.xml file.  The advice was to ignore the log messages asking you to change it to jboss.tm:service=TransactionManagerService.
  By turning the log level up to DEBUG for my EJB classes, I got a more informative stack trace and found that there were, in fact, places in my code where the connection I had obtained was never closed.  Previous versions of JBoss must have been smart enough to close them for us, but this promotes bad coding habits, so I'm just as happy they've changed this.  It's kind of like Netscape not rendering badly formed tables anymore.  If enough people are forced to comply with the specification, we can eventually be using XML-generated XHTML for everything.
  See if this is the case for you, as well.  Search your code base for getConnection(), and find out where, if at all, that connection is closed.
  Good luck,

    Ben

Corbin, James wrote:

Hello,

After moving from 3.2RC1 to 3.2RC2 I started receiving this information message in my server log.  I verified I was closing the connection in my finally clauses, so I'm not sure why the CachedConnectionManager is complaining.

Any suggestions?

J.D.

13:21:50,683 INFO  [CachedConnectionManager] Could not find a close method on alleged connection objects.  Please close your own connections.

java.lang.Exception: Stack Trace

        at org.jboss.resource.connectionmanager.CachedConnectionManager.closeAll(CachedConnectionManager.java:357)

        at org.jboss.resource.connectionmanager.CachedConnectionManager.popMetaAwareObject(CachedConnectionManager.java:199)

        at org.jboss.resource.connectionmanager.CachedConnectionInterceptor.invoke(CachedConnectionInterceptor.java:190)

        at org.jboss.ejb.plugins.StatelessSessionInstanceInterceptor.invoke(StatelessSessionInstanceInterceptor.java:77)

        at org.jboss.ejb.plugins.AbstractTxInterceptor.invokeNext(AbstractTxInterceptor.java:108)

        at org.jboss.ejb.plugins.TxInterceptorCMT.runWithTransactions(TxInterceptorCMT.java:216)

        at org.jboss.ejb.plugins.TxInterceptorCMT.invoke(TxInterceptorCMT.java:104)

        at org.jboss.ejb.plugins.SecurityInterceptor.invoke(SecurityInterceptor.java:130)

        at org.jboss.ejb.plugins.LogInterceptor.invoke(LogInterceptor.java:208)

        at org.jboss.ejb.plugins.ProxyFactoryFinderInterceptor.invoke(ProxyFactoryFinderInterceptor.java:154)

This electronic message transmission contains information from the Company that may be proprietary, confidential and/or privileged.
The information is intended only for the use of the individual(s) or entity named above.  If you are not the intended recipient, be
aware that any disclosure, copying or distribution or use of the contents of this information is prohibited.  If you have received
this electronic transmission in error, please notify the sender immediately by replying to the address listed in the "From:" field.