From: Rod Macpherson [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Tuesday, February 18, 2003 6:46 PM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: Re: [JBoss-user] News

James,

Commercial vendors are continually twisting language in their press
releases. This comes as no surprise since the vast majority have
professional pumpsters writing the material complete with quotes from the
CEO that the CEO may never have read let alone written. They are given that
authority because it's part of the duties of the hype and propoganda teams
that most commercial companies have in house or as "public relations"
services. Attempting to single out "the open source community" is a little
disingenuous. I am not saying things are not over inflated at times but
rather that this is uniform practice across the industry. I am also not
complaining that companies engage in this because it just comes with the
territory. There is a "line" but it's gray and it moves regularly :)