you should expect a clustered solution to have slightly more latency than
an equivalently configured (with same commit option) non clustered
solution: there is more communication.  However by adding more  servers you
should be able to get higher throughput as well (again, with the same
commit option).

I am not an expert on this!!

I think there is a way to use commit option A with some kind of cache
invalidation.  My (possibly wrong) understanding of this is that it will
give you "mostly correct" data: data may be out of date by the length of
time it takes to send and process the invalidation message.  I don't know
if "double writes" are prevented or if you can use optimistic locking to
prevent them.  My understanding is that guaranteed correct reads can only
be obtained with a distributed cache which is now under development.

You should definitely check all of the above before relying on it.

david jencks