Neal Sanche <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:
> Well, I've not actually tried using a servlet to do a POST to the
> login page. In my old company, an applet was doing the POST, and the

I've done posts from applets to upload files before too...just
didn't think this would work for automatic login because I
thought it'd do something weird under the hood.

FYI, it does work in testing of a restricted URL to a servlet.  The
user and roles get loaded properly from JBoss.  The only oddity is
that I get a 400 error response from Tomcat when doing this.  I
think it sets some session variable to tag the login so it knows
where to send the user after the login completes because there is
no such value stored as a query or form variable.
Time to test a restricted EJB method to see if it really logged
into JBoss (the servlet test only tests login to Tomcat)...

 ken