Port 8443 is open, is there any other ports JBOSS RMI needs?

Robert Augustyn wrote:

Jeremy,
Whare in the manual did you find it? Are you referring to RMI over SSL?
If so then you will need:
You need to setup jboss-service.xml:
<!--
==================================================================== -->
<!-- Invokers to the JMX node
-->
<!--
==================================================================== -->

<!-- RMI/JRMP invoker -->
<mbean code="org.jboss.invocation.jrmp.server.JRMPInvoker" name="jboss:service=invoker,type=jrmp">
<attribute name="RMIObjectPort">4444</attribute>
<!--
<attribute name="RMIClientSocketFactory">custom</attribute>
<attribute name="RMIServerSocketFactory">custom</attribute>
<attribute name="RMIServerSocketAddr">custom</attribute>
-->
</mbean>
Robert

-----Original Message----- From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of Jeremy Rempel Sent: March 10, 2003 12:27 PM To: [EMAIL PROTECTED] Subject: [JBoss-user] Using RMI / JNDI over HTTPS

I have recently modified my existing application to use JNDI / RMI over HTTPS as explained in the (non-free) JBoss Admin manual. I have port 8443 open on the server and thats what it references in my
jndi.properties.

It works on the same machine but when I try and run it through the internet it gives me this error :

javax.naming.NamingException: Failed to retrieve Naming interface. Root

exception is java.net.SocketException: Connection reset by peer: connect

Is there any additional steps I need to do to make JNDI / RMI work over HTTPS ?

Thanks,
Jeremy