Richard Stack wrote:

I think you want to use ServiceBindingManager. Get a copy of
BindingService.pdf in the Sourceforge downloan area for JBoss. Just
starting to read about it myself, but think this is what you want.

Not quite. I already run multiple instances of JBoss. I'm trying to reduce the instances of JBoss that I have to run down to one.

Weiqi Gao wrote:

According to J2EE.8.3.2.5 (J2EE 1.3):

The deployment tool must allow the Deployer to deploy the same J2EE
application multiple times, as multiple independent applications,
possibly with different configurations.  For example, the enterprise
beans in an ejb-jar file might be deployed multiple times under
different JNDI names and with different configurations of their resources.

How is this actually accomplished in JBoss 3.x?

I'll take for example a simple J2EE application MyApp.ear that contains
an EJB jar MyEjb.jar that contains an EJB named MyEjb.

To deploy this ear twice, I need to:

1. Alter MyEjb.jar!/META-INF/jboss.xml to give the EJB a different JNDI
name for each deployment.

2. Use scoped deployment in the EAR so that classes from one EAR doesn't
polute the other EAR.

Am I correct in my understanding?  Are there other things that I need to
take care of in addition to the above?

Thanks,
--
Weiqi Gao