On Tue, 2003-03-18 at 23:09, Philippe de M. Sevestre wrote:
> How often does the data from which you populate your pull-down changes ?
>
> Usually this kind of information is relatively static so you should
> consider caching the resulting bean collection in a session attribute (if
> user specific)
> or even a context attribute.

I do actually use this technique on the more static data. It is the
stuff that cannot be cached which causes me problems.

However, other posts have indicated that I can probably do more with my
read-ahead strategy than I am at the moment.

Thanks
--
Peter Beck BEng (hons) MIEE - Managing Director, Electrostrata Ltd.
http://www.electrostrata.com  --+-+--  Experts in e-business and e-commerce