On Thu, 20 Mar 2003 01:12, Krishnakumar N wrote:

>  You can do this by using the deployment sorters specified in
> /conf/jboss-service.xml. For example, you can use the
> PrefixDeploymentSorter and call your scheduler service xml 1blahblah.xml.

Yep, that will work, but I think in a large project with multiple dependencies
it gets hard to manage. There are other ways...

If it is just classes that you need I would put the service.xml in a sar and
add a Class-Path: entry to the manifest (and put the sar in the ear as well).
ie: you have a sar file with
META-INF/MANIFEST.MF
META-INF/jboss-service.xml      <-- your scheduler service.xml file

MANIFEST.MF has a line like so:
  Class-Path: yourjar.jar

This means the yourjar.jar should now be on your classpath when the scheduler
is started.

If your scheduler requires another mbean to be available, make the scheduler
mbean dependent on the other mbean like so:

  <mbean code="org.jboss.varia.scheduler.Scheduler"
    name="ot.notificationservice:service=Scheduler,name=DBCleanerScheduler">
     <attribute name="SchedulableMBean">ot.notificationservice:name=DBCleaner
     </attribute>
    <attribute
     name="SchedulableMBeanMethod">cleanup( NOTIFICATION,DATE,SCHEDULER_NAME)
    </attribute>
    <attribute name="InitialStartDate">NOW</attribute>
    <attribute name="SchedulePeriod">30000</attribute>
    <attribute name="InitialRepetitions">-1</attribute>
    <!--Make sure the DBCleaner MBean has been 'started' before we call it-->
    <depends>ot.notificationservice:name=DBCleaner</depends>
  </mbean>

Similar for ejbs where you can use the ejb mbean name in the dependency,
usually a name something like
  jboss.j2ee:jndiName=ejb/notification/EFD,service=EJB

brian wallis...