TransactionManager tm = (TransactionManager) iniCtx.lookup("java:/TransactionManager");
if(tm.getTransaction() != null) {
// got a transaction
}

-dain
On Wednesday, March 19, 2003, at 05:09 PM, Brian Wallis wrote:

I have some utility classes that are used from beans with container managed
transactions. How can I check (ensure) when I am in one of the utility
routines that there is a transaction current?

I cannot get a UserTransaction object via the context since it is a bean
managed transaction so I cannot call getStatus().

It's not critical that I check, but I would like to be able to to make sure
that the utility routine has not been called outside of a transaction
boundary.

brian wallis...